The Life We Choose…

28 Mar

Over the years I’ve written several times on choices. I’ve received a few comments on the posts, though not as many as I had hoped, mainly centered on the premise this is all part of growing up and I guess it is.

However, I had hoped to open up your worlds to thinking before leaping, therefore preventing some disasters in the making. Too many mistakes are made because people shoot from the hip, without thinking, and end up in a fix they just can’t get themselves out of.

I wonder, is it fear of failure or fear of success? Life can throw us a curve ball once in a while. But, if life was designed to be easy, we would probably get bored. It’s the stumbling blocks that cross our paths that make for an interesting outlook on living. What most fail to realize is that it is what we do with these stumbling blocks that define us. Life is 10% chance and 90% learning to live with what we have been served. What we make of this will follow us for our entire life. The bright side of this is, that if we decide we don’t like the path we’re on we can always choose to go another direction. The most important thing to remember is we all have a purpose for being here and we need to find our purpose in life.

It could be something as simple as extending a helping hand to someone who has fallen, a smile to someone in need, a warm hello to a stranger. Or it could also be something as critical as being a surgeon or doctor saving someone’s life. The thing is we are all unique and each have something special to add to someone’s life and to the world.

Because of this it is important that we take the time to measure the pros and cons of the choice we are about to make. We only get one life so we should make the best of it.

Let’s consider something my Grandfather taught me as a youngster: “Make sure you engage your brain before you engage your mouth.” How many times have you let your mouth run away with you and have to eat your words later? How many people have you hurt because you didn’t think before mouthing off on someone or about something? A little forethought before spouting off could have saved you a lot of embarrassment.

Remember, not everyone believes as you do and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and beliefs. What is right for you just may be wrong for the person you are talking to and vice versus. So use a little common sense and think before you jump on someone’s belief.

Our world and country is very diverse, made up of all kinds of people, churches and races. Each has their own way of doing things and no one can really say one is wrong or right, compared to how you do it. Try to understand it from the other person’s viewpoint and have compassion for their belief.

If we, as a people, would have a little compassion and love for how others think and live, our world may just be a little brighter.

As God has taught – Love your neighbor as yourself and as He has loved you. A little love and compassion goes a long way and a genuine smile will light up the world. Love never fails!

What do you think? Comments are always welcome.

Walk daily with God at your side!

Love,

Ed

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: